In this day and age, we are completely used to ignore our oral health and avoid going to a dental care provider unless our teeth or gums go through serious condition.
Since modern problems need modern solutions, laser implant dentistry is considered to be the smart choice to replace missing teeth. There are many clinical advantages of laser treatment as compared to blades and scalpels.
Reasons to Choose Laser Dentistry
Lasers are considered safe for various treatments. They are used to cut through the small parts. A dentist changes the form of light according to the surgery while curing your gums or teeth.
The healing process is also faster with laser dentistry. Hence, it is highly recommended for patients undergoing dental implants.
Dental implants are suggested if your teeth are missing. There are plenty of benefits for laser dental implants.
- Ensures precise control. Focuses on the painful or target area only, instead of damaging other tissues.
- Anesthetics are not required, unless in critical cases
- Faster healing or recovery as compared to traditional procedures
- No risk of infection
- Also helpful in teeth whitening
- Detects cavities in early stage
How does Laser Dentistry work?
In laser implant dentistry, precisely focused dental lasers are used to treat the target areas. They use specific wavelength for laser light so it won’t hurt other tissues. These tools are known to be very effective to cure your damaged gums or teeth.
In addition, lasers accurately focus on tiny areas. They use intense light to conduct various surgeries. Laser treatment is also used for the following dental problems and treatments –
- Decaying tooth – Lasers precisely eliminate the tooth decay by focusing on the specific painful area.
- Teeth Whitening – Lasers are also used for this treatment. A dentist uses the proper bleaching agent to remove all the bacteria from the teeth’s surface. As a result, it is very helpful to whiten your teeth.
- Gum Disease – If your gums are weak and are having any problem, lasers are used to reshape your gums, while eliminating harmful bacteria.
Pros & Cons of Laser Implant Dentistry
- Very smooth and painless process unlike using drills
- No fear of painful tools like drills in patients
- Doesn’t affect good tissues
- Less risk of swelling and/or bleeding throughout the process
- Can be completed in less time
- You cannot go through this treatment again if your teeth are already filled
- It is not possible to fill the cavities with lasers in between your teeth
- More expensive treatment as compared to traditional ones
- Drills and other tools are used to shape dental filling and finishing the same.
If you are having any oral health problem, don’t wait further. Immediately do your due diligence and seek an experienced and well-qualified laser implant dentist. Though this treatment may be on the expensive side, it can, at least, meet your dental care needs without causing much pain.